3 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9×5 loaf pans.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until combined. Add oil and vanilla.
- Stir in the zucchini and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until moist.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill loaf pans about 3/4 full and back at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. then cool completely on a rack.
This is the perfect time of year to bake up all the zucchini chocolate chip bread you can!! Zucchini is growing like crazy in my garden which means we will be munching on delicious bread all summer long.
I was able to make two small loafs and a large loaf (because I don’t have two large loaf pans). The small loafs are great to gift to friends and family.
I grated one very large zucchini for this batch. I think I will probably put a little more zucchini in the batter next time.
I also used dark chocolate cocoa powder (because that’s what I had) which turned out great!
Very thankful to the Ochs family for sharing this delicious recipe!!