1 sweet onion (chopped)
1 red onion (chopped)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
1 pound chicken (chopped)
1 pound steak (chopped)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup crushed pineapple and juice
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. dried rosemary
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
salt and pepper
- Combine chicken marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag with the chicken. Set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Combine steak marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag with the steak. Set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and peppers.
- When meat has had sufficient time to marinate, place meat and veggies on kabob sticks.
- Grill until meat is cooked through.
I made the steak and chicken kabobs on separate skewers because I did not want to mix marinades.
We served the kabobs with Cous Cous and grilled corn. Grilling corn is simple! Just place the corn (still in its husk) on the grill while cooking the kabobs.
You can mix up this awesome summer dish by choosing different marinades.