2 cups leafy greens
1 cup quinoa
2-3 tbsp. olive oil
2 sweet potatoes (chopped)
1-2 tsp. smoked paprika
salt and pepper
1/2 onion (diced)
1/2 bell pepper (diced)
cheddar cheese (grated)
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large saucepan saute the diced sweet potatoes in olive oil. Season with salt and smoked paprika. Cook until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a smaller saucepan saute the onions and peppers until tender. Set aside.
- Fry the eggs in a small saucepan lightly coated in olive oil. Cook eggs until desired tenderness.
- Assemble the salad by placing lettuce at the bottom and topping with the quinoa, potatoes, onions and peppers, cheese, and egg.
This recipe is easy and versatile. I pulled it together one night with some ingredients I had leftover in my kitchen. Feel free to add other yummy veggies to this delicious salad.
Love avocado? I bet it would add delicious flavor to this healthy salad.
This recipe made two healthy portions of salad.