2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
4 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. honey
1 tbsp. dried parsley
- Saute 1 tbsp. butter and minced garlic over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth and lemon juice. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add honey and dried parsley. Let sit over low heat.
4. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
5. Pat dry the salmon fillets and season both sides with salt and pepper.
6. Place salmon on hot skillet and sear for 4 minutes on the first side and 2-3 minutes on the second side.
7. Serve over rice our cous cous. Top salmon with a spoonful of the lemon butter sauce.
Great Sides: Broccolini and Cous Cous
Simple, delicious, and super healthy! Pair with any vegetable and starch.
The lemon flavor was a little overpowering the first time I made this dish because I used ALL the juice of a giant lemon. It ended up being a bit too lemony. I recommend 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice. Actually measure it, don’t just assume you should use the whole lemon like I did.