2 granny smith apples (diced)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter (cold and diced)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add diced butter and combine with your fingers.
- Peel and dice two large granny smith apples.
- Spread apples in a circular baking dish. Top with the crumbly mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Great Toppings: vanilla ice cream
Toss apples in lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.