2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion (diced)
5-6 white potatoes (diced)
5-6 slices of bacon
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. basil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon until desired crispiness. (I cook bacon on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil in a 425 degree oven.)
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Add potatoes and seasonings and stir over medium-high heat. Continue to brown and cook potatoes until potatoes are tender. Add more olive oil if potatoes begin to dry out. Then stir in the chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes.
- Create little wells for the eggs.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until desired egg consistency.
This dish is perfect for a hearty breakfast or scrumptious dinner.
Need a substitute for the bacon? Dice summer sausage and saute over medium-high heat until lightly browned.