4-6 ounces fettuccini noodles (cooked according to box instructions)
2 tbsp. butter
1 shallot (minced)
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. cajun seasoning
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup 2% milk
1/3 cup half and half
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Begin cooking noodles according to package instructions.
- Saute shallot and butter over medium heat.
- Add water, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning. Mix well over low heat.
- Add milk, half and half, and cheese. Continue to stir over low heat.
- Combine the noodles with the sauce and serve hot!
I will definitely be making this again! And, next time, I plan to add shrimp! Don’t worry, I will add my notes with the added shrimp soon.
I did not need to add any salt to this dish because the cajun seasoning had salt in it.
I paired this delicious dish with a simple salad.