3 overripe bananas
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- Beat together sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add butter and beat until smooth.
- Beat in milk and bananas.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda and powder, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix in candied pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
The candied pecans really add a special sweetness to this banana bread.
You can always add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips for a sweeter taste. If you do this, I strongly recommend dark chocolate chips.