1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dark chocolate chips
top with flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars and butter. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Then slowly add the flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto a cookie sheet and top with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Coll on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then place cookies on a cooling rack.
The cinnamon can be left out, but I love the flavor it adds!
I would strongly recommend using the turbinado sugar. However, you can substitute it for more of the granulate or brown sugar. The turbinado sugar adds a slightly crunchy texture.