1 pound ground beef
1/2 an onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 cans Rotel
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans (in chili sauce)
1 can pinto beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup water (if too thick)
more chili powder for taste
dash of red pepper flakes
- Brown the ground beef. Add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add chili powder.
- Add beef mixture to the crock pot. Combine with beans, Rotel, and corn.
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and red pepper flakes for desired flavor.
- Add water if the chili is too thick. (It will thin out as it cooks throughout the day.
- Set crock pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, and Fritos.
- Get really fancy and serve with homemade corn bread!
You really can’t go wrong with chili. Feel free to add or take out beans according to the taste you desire. I personally love adding the black beans and corn! I love the flavor!
I use mild Rotel. You can easily substitute for a medium or hot Rotel, or even just plain diced tomatoes if you want less spice.