1 rump roast (any amount)
2-3 cups water
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. dried or fresh rosemary (chopped)
2 cups potatoes (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
5-6 carrots (chopped)
1 package Parmesan couscous
1 block cheddar cheese
- Pull out your crock pot… it’s Fall!
- Start in the morning. Put the rump roast in the crock pot and pour water in until it is about half submerged. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Turn the crock pot on high and cook all day: about 8 hours. (longer if larger and shorter if smaller)
- About half way through (or when you get home from work), add the chopped veggies. Let cook for another few hours.
- When you are about ready to eat, cook your couscous according to the package instructions.
- Serve roast and veggies on top of the couscous. Top with grated cheddar cheese.
This is a childhood favorite of mine! This was my go-to whenever my mom would ask me what I want for dinner.
In the pictures above, I had a relatively small rump roast. I was able to turn it to low about halfway through the day (when I added the veggies) because it was already starting to fall apart when I touched it.
You will definitely know if it has cooked long enough. It will be ready when the roast falls apart at the touch.
You might be thinking, “No, I’ll just make this with rice instead.”… Don’t do it!! The couscous is amazing! I have even made my husband a couscous believer!