1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 can pumpkin puree
1/3 cup water
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin. (mini or regular size muffins)
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Then add the eggs one at a time.
- Then add the pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Next, alternate adding flour mixture and water. End by adding the flour mixture.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes for mini muffins and 18-22 minutes for regular muffins.
These little muffins are perfect for a breakfast treat during the Fall! I prefer to eat these muffins chilled, so I store them in the refrigerator. However, you do not have to.
Confession: I am not a coffee drinker… but these turn me into one!! They are so delicious with a warm cup of coffee!
You can easily leave out the chocolate chips if you’d like… but I don’t know why you would!