2 sticks butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate bar
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Melt butter and chocolate bar in a skillet over medium heat.
- Let chocolate mixture cool and then add to an electric mixer with the sugar. Beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla.
- Add flour and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into a greased baking dish and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
Do you want your brownies to be more cake-like? Just add another egg!
You can easily add 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for a yummy nut brownie.
The chocolate chips are not a must. I love the extra chocolate in my brownies!!