1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. wheat germ
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup coconut flakes (optional)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and wheat germ.
- Add oats, coconut, and chocolate chips. Mix well!
- Place cookie dough in small balls on a cookie sheet. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
Dark chocolate chips are the key!! It’s just not the same without them.
You can also add 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
Wheat germ is not a must. I use wheat germ, and sometimes milled flax seed, to kick up the healthy. 🙂
Sometimes I add a little crushed sea salt to the top of the cookie dough balls to add a little salty taste with the sweet.