2 cups milk (skim, 2%, or whole)
3 tbsp. butter
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. pesto (1 frozen block from Basil Pesto recipe)
6 oz. fettuccini noodles
- Combine milk and butter over low heat.
- Add in parmesan cheese once the butter is melted.
- Stir until parmesan cheese is melted into the mixture.
- Add pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the pesto (fresh or a frozen cube). Stir until well mixed.
- Cook fettuccini according to instruction on the package.
- Strain and mix into the sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve hot! Garnish with basil if desired.
**Great toppings: grilled chicken, sauteed shrimp, parmesan cheese
This sauce is delicious and creamy!! I typically use 2% milk because that is what I normally have on hand. Whole milk will make the sauce richer and thicker, while skim milk will thin the sauce.
Sometimes I forgo cooking the noodles in boiling water, and, instead, cook them directly in the sauce. The noodles soak up all the delicious flavors when I cook it this way. However, I have to add more milk to keep the proper consistency.
You can use any kind of noodle you like! Fettuccini, angel hair, spaghetti, elbow, etc.