2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup grape seed oil or sunflower oil
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Then add the oil and milk. Stir gently with a spoon.
- Use your hands to spread the mixture out until about 1/2 inch (more or less depending on preference) thick.
- Use a circular cookie cutter (or top of a cup) to cut your biscuits to the preferred size.
- Place biscuits on a cookie sheet and cook at 450 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes. Biscuits will be lightly brown on top.
**Great toppings: butter, honey, raspberry jelly (my personal favorite)
These biscuits are to die for!! Chris’ grandparents, Noonie and Papa, introduced us to this recipe when we lived with them for a few months. It quickly became our go-to recipe when we wanted to quick, easy, and delicious homemade biscuits.
One time I couldn’t find any grapeseed oil, so I got sunflower oil instead. It worked wonderfully! I do not like the biscuits quite as much when I use olive oil or plain vegetable oil.
This recipe makes about 6 to 8 biscuits depending on size.